Shey Phoksundo Lake Trek - 12 Days
Shey Phoksundo National park and its neighboring remote area was opened for trekkers since 1989. Its majestic attraction, Phoksundo Lake, is sacred to Buddhists site for the followers of the Bonpo religion. This trek includes high passes, Himalayan forests and traditional Tibetan villages.
On the southern bank of the Phoksundo lake lies a village called Ringmo where you can get a rare close experience into traditional Bonpo culture.
Day 1 Arrival Tribhuvan International Airport / Transfer to Hotel / Briefing about the Trek
Day 2 Kathmandu valley sightseeing.
Day 3 Kathmandu to Nepalganj ( by flight )/ Explore Around Nepalganj City / Over night at Hotel
Day 4 Nepalgunj to Juphal / trek to Dunai – 4 hours
Day 5 Juphal to Chhepka village – 5 hours
Day 6 Chhepka to Jharana – 5 hours
Day 7 Jharana to Tibetan village of Ringmo – 6 hours
Day 8 Explore sacred Phoksundo Lake and Tshowa Gompa – back to Ringmo
Day 9 Ringmo to Chhepka Village 4.30 hours
Day 10 Chhepka to Juphal – hours
Day 11 Juphal Nepalganj and connecting flight to Kathmandu ( by flight )
Day 12 Fly back to your country
01. All meals and accommodation in lodge during the trek
02. Service of trek guide and Sharpe assistant for bigger group above 6 person
03. Porters to carry your personal backpack (each 15 kg.)
04. Accident insurance for staffs and porters
05. All Domestic Flights
06. All Land Transportation
07. Trekking permit and TIMS ( Trekkers information management system Card )
08. Arrival and departure transfers.
09. Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
10. Free use of trekking equipment like sleeping bag,,duffle bag, first aid kit
11. All airport transfers
Excludes :01. Personal clothing and sleeping bag
02. Personal accident and health insurance
03. Emergency evacuation and medical expense
04. Alcoholic and bottled beverage, mineral water, laundry, and tips
05. Any other services and expenses that are not specifically mentioned
06. Expenses due to flight delay, sickness other contingencies Hike along Ngozumpa Glacier, the largest glacier in the Himalaya.
1. Where does the Shey Phoksundo Lake is located ?
This National Park lies in Dolpa District to north west part of Nepal . Major Attraction of this park is Phoksundo lake which is located at an elevation of 3612 meters . This park is the biggest park of Nepal and includes trans Himalayan areas.
How hard it this Trek ?
This Trek is Strenuous trek so you will need to be fit with your health condition and Stamina as the trekking trail takes yo to unexplored hidden area of Nepal .
Can i Customize the Trek ? You can always customize your trek , increase or decrease the number of days to avoid the altitude sickness.