Everest Base Camp Trek - 16 Days
Everest Base Camp is once in life time destination for the people from all over the world . It is not so hard trek but the altitude makes it a bit harder because most of the time you will walking above snow line in this trek .
In Nepal snow line starts from 3500 meters . so most of the time you will have to be very careful about the altitude sickness . The good part of this trek is there Himalayan rescue team and treatment working in this area.
Kala pattar and the Everest Base camp are the highest points of this trek . Kala Pattar offers magnificent view on worlds highest peaks .
from the Everest Base camp you can see huge glacier coming down from Mt Everest but the Everest is not visible from the Base Camp . This are is the best place to see the Sherpa lifestyle and their culture .
Day 1 Arrival in Tribhuvan International Airport / Transfer to Hotel / Brief introduction about the trek
Day 2 Kathmandu Valley sightseeing
Day 3 Kathmandu to Lukla ( By flight ) Trek to Phakding ( 2610 meters , 2 hours )
Day 4 Phakding to Namche Bazar ( Huge Sherpa settlement ) ( 3440 meters , 4.30 hours )
Day 5 Acclimatization day in Name Bazar ( side walk to Khumjung and Emund Hillary School )
Day 6 Namche Bazar to Tenbgboche ( 3800 meters , 5 hours walk )
Day 7 Tengboche to Dingboche ( 5 hours walk , 4350 meters )
Day 8 Dingboche to Lonuje ( 4 hours walk , 4910 meters )
Day 9 Acclimatization day in Lobuje ( side walks )
Day 10 Lobuje to Gorakshep ( 4 hours , 5180 meteres ) , Trek to Everest base camp ( 5360 meters / Back to Gorakshep
Day 11 Hike to Kalapattar for sunrise view on the mountain range / Trek back to Pheriche ( 42 Meters , 6 hours )
Day 12 Pheriche to Tengboche ( 3800 meters , 5 hours )
Day 13 Tengboche to Namche Bazar ( 4 hours , 3440 meters )
Day 14 Namche Bazar to Lukla ( 2804 meters , 4 hours
Day 15 Lukla to Kathmandu ( by flight ) / shopping and rest
Day 16 Fly back to your country
01. All meals and accommodation in lodge during the trek
02. Service of trek guide and Sharpe assistant for bigger group above 6 person
03. Porters to carry your personal backpack (each 15 kg.)
04. Accident insurance for staffs and porters
05. Flights to and from Lukla
06. All Land Transportation
07. Trekking permit and TIMS ( Trekkers information management system Card )
08. Arrival and departure transfers.
09. Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
10. All airport transfers
01. Personal clothing and sleeping bag
02. Personal accident and health insurance
03. Emergency evacuation and medical expense
04. Alcoholic and bottled beverage, mineral water, laundry, and tips
05. Any other services and expenses that are not specifically mentioned
06. Expenses due to flight delay, sickness other contingencies
1. Where does the Everest base camp trek is located ?
Everest base camp trek is located in ” Sagarmatha National Park in the north east of Nepal . The altitude extends from 4700 – above 5000 Meters.
2. How hard is Trek ?
This Trek is moderately difficult trek so you need to fit with your health condition and stamina as you will need to walk 5 – hours every day on higher altitude .
3. Can i customize the Trek ?
you can always get customized itineraries. You can increase or decrease the number of days according to your needs . If you are going to that altitude for the first time , it is good idea to get customized Trekking itinerary to avoid the altitude sickness .