✆ +977 9803 021 501 ✉email@example.com
Stand at the shores of a chain of six turquoise, glacial-fed lakes. Hike along Ngozumpa Glacier, the largest glacier in the Himalaya.
Avoid the Everest crowds, but enjoy the selection of great views. Climb Gokyo Ri (5,357 m) for spectacular views of Everest, Lhotse, and Cho Oyu.
Return via Renjo La pass (5,340 m), over one of Nepal’s most beautiful passes. Trek through the Sherpa town of Khumjung, home of a ‘real’ yeti skull.
From ‘Scoundrel’s viewpoint’ near the fifth lake, peer over a wasteland of rock and ice that is the vast Ngozumpa Glacier.
Gokyo Ri – Itinerary
Day 1 Welcome to Kathmandu! Kathmandu
Day 2 Explore Kathmandu Kathmandu
Day 3 Fly to Lukla; Trek to Phakding (8,563 feet/ 2,610 m) 4 hours Phakding
Day 4 Namche Bazaar (11,290 feet / 3,440 m) 5 hours Namche Bazaar
Day 5 Namche Bazaar (day-hike to Khumjung) Rest day Namche Bazaar
Day 6 Trek from Namche Bazaar to Dole (4,200 m) 5 hours Dole
Day 7 Trek from Dole to Machhermo (4,470 m) 3 hours Machhermo
Day 8 Trek from Machhermo to Gokyo Rest day Machhermo
Day 9 Acclimatization in Gokyo (4,790 m); Climb Gokyo Ri or visit Gokyo Lakes
6 hours Gokyo
Day 10 Gokyo village (day-hike to Fifth Lake, 4,956 m) 7 hours Gokyo
Day 11 Trek from Gokyo to Phanga (early morning summit of Gokyo Ri, 5,400 m)
Day 12 Trek to Khumjung 6 hours Khumjung
Day 13 Trek from Khumjung to Namche Bazaar 4 hours Namche Bazaar
Day 14 Trek from Namche Bazaar to Phakding 4 hours Phakding
Day 15 Trek from Phakding to Lukla 4 hours Lukla
Day 16 Fly back to Kathmandu; Depart
01. All meals and accommodation in lodge during the trek
02. Service of trek guide and Sharpe assistant for bigger group above 6 person
03. Porters to carry your personal backpack (each 15 kg.)
04. Accident insurance for staffs and porters
05. Flights to and from Lukla
06. All Land Transportation
07. Trekking permit and TIMS ( Trekkers information management system Card )
08. Arrival and departure transfers.
09. Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
10. Free use of trekking equipment like sleeping bag,,duffle bag, first aid kit
11. All airport transfers
01. Personal clothing and sleeping bag
02. Personal accident and health insurance
03. Emergency evacuation and medical expense
04. Alcoholic and bottled beverage, mineral water, laundry, and tips
05. Any other services and expenses that are not specifically mentioned
06. Expenses due to flight delay, sickness other contingencies
1. Where does the Gokyo Lake located ?
Gokyo Lakes are located in ” Sagarmatha National Park in the north east of Nepal . The altitude extends from 4700 – 5000 Meters. These are the world’s highest fresh water lakes comprising six main lakes . These lakes considered to be sacred lakes for both Hind and Buddhist people .
2. How hard is Gokyo lake Trek ?
Gokyo lake Trek is moderately difficult trek so you need to fit with your health condition and stamina as you will need to walk 5 – hours every day on higher altitude .
3. Can i customize the Trek ?
you can always get customized itineraries. You can increase or decrease the number of days according to your needs . If you are going to that altitude for the first time , it is good idea to get customized Trekking itinerary to avoid the altitude sickness .