Jomsom Muktinath Trek - 8 Days
This trek includes two major destinations of the northern Part of Annapurna Conservation Area . One is called Jomsom also known as Dzong sampa locally which means new fort . Landscape of the area is totally different than another Area of Annapurna . It lies in an elevation of 27 meters in Mustang district where mostly you will see the Tibetan culture and traditions .
Another major destination of this trek is Muktinath temple which is a major religious destination for Hindu people , located in Buddhist area , dedicated to one of the major Hindu god called Bishnu , God of protection . There are 108 fresh water taps flowing natural spring water flowing twenty four hours . Hindu people believes that getting bath in all taps takes you to salvation . Just below the Muktinath temple there is another site where you can see naturals flames burning above the water .
Day 1. Arrival in Tribhuvan International Airport / Transfer to Hotel / Brief introduction about the Trek
Day 2. Kathmandu to Pokhara By Tourist coach ( 7 hours ) / sightseeing around Pokhara – Fewa lake , peace pagoda
Day 3. Early morning flight to Jomsom / Trek to Kagbeni ( 2.30 Hours , 2810 meters ) Visit major places of Kagbeni
Day 4. Kagbeni to Muktinath ( 4 hours , 3800 meters ) / Excursion around Muktinath
Day 5. Muktinath to Kagbeni ( 3 hours ) / Trek to Jomsom and stay in another major village of Marpha to observe the tradition of Thakali people .
Day 6. Trek back to Jomsom / fly back to Pokhara / Excursion Around Pokhara – Visit sarang kot view point , boating , International mountain museum
Day 7. fly back to Kathmandu / sightseeing around the valley
Day 8. fly back to your country
01. All meals and accommodation in lodge during the trek
02. Service of trek guide and Sharpe assistant for bigger group above 6 person
03. Porters to carry your personal backpack (each 15 kg.)
04. Accident insurance for staffs and porters
05. All Flights
06. All Land Transportation
07. Trekking permit and TIMS ( Trekkers information management system Card )
08. Arrival and departure transfers.
09. Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
03. Emergency evacuation and medical expense
04. Alcoholic and bottled beverage, mineral water, laundry, and tips
05. Any other services and expenses that are not specifically mentioned
06. Expenses due to flight delay, sickness other , natural disasters such as land slide etc .
1. Where does this trek is located ?
This Trek is Located in North of Annapurna conservation area in the bank Kali gandaki river in Mustang district
2. How hard is this Trek ?
This trek is an medium grade of trek so you need to have some physical fitness to do this trek.
3. Can i customize the Trek ?
you can always get customized itineraries. You can increase or decrease the number of days according to your needs . If you are going to that altitude for the first time , it is good idea to get customized Trekking itinerary to avoid the altitude sickness .