✆ +977 9803 021 501 ✉email@example.com
According to myths , this area used to be a yoga and meditation place for the Rishi Muni of Hindu religion.
Khaptad National Park was established in 1984 and elevation are ranging from 1400 meters to 3400 meters. Khaptad National Park covers an area of 225 square kilometers , lies in the far western of Nepal , and it includes four districts called Bajhang, Bajura, Achham and Doti.
Major Areas of this National park are Khaptad Daha ( religious lake ) Nag Dhunga ( a rock dedicated to Snake god ), Upper Tribeni ( Meeting point of three rivers ) etc. home for Nepal’s wildlife, rich variety of flora and fauna.
Another major places and interesting areas are Saileswari ( A temple dedicated to Goddess Saileswari ) , Ramaroshan ( five cities related with Puranic era ) etc
Khaptad is the name after holy sage called Khaptad Baba or Khaptad swami ( late swami Sachhicha Nanda ) and the National park was named after this holy man as he used live here in Tribeni and still visitors can obcerve his Ashram.
Khaptad National Park – Itinerary
Day 1 Kathmandu to Dhangadi ( By bus ) 14 hours .
Day 2 Dhangadi to Buditola and to Silgadhi ( 6 Hours drive ) 1330 meters
Day 3 Silghadi to Jigrana ( 6 hours walk , 2300 meters )
Day 4 Jigrana to Bukipani ( 6 hours walk, 3080 meters )
Day 5 Bukipani to Khaptad ( 3010 meters , 3 hours walk )
Day 6 Explore around Khaptad National Park and activities
Day 7 Khaptad to Jhigrana ( 6 hours walk )
Day 8 Drive from Jhigrana to Dhangadhi
Day 9 Dhangadhi to Kathmandu ( by flight or by Bus )
01. All meals and accommodation during the trek
02. Service of trek guide , Sharpe assistant if the group is above 6 person
03. Porters to carry your backpack (each 15 kg.)
04. Accident insurance for staffs and porters
05. All Land Transportation
06. Trekking permit and TIMS ( Trekkers information management system Card )
07. Arrival and departure transfers.
08. Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
09. Dinner with traditional Nepalese family
10. All airport transfers
01. Personal clothing and sleeping bag
02. Personal accident and health insurance
03. Emergency evacuation and medical expenses
04. Alcoholic and bottled beverage, mineral water, laundry, and tips
05. Any other services and expenses that are not specifically mentioned
06. Expenses due to flight delay, sickness other contingencies
Where does the Khaptad National Park is located ?
Khaptad National Park is located in the far western part of Nepal in middle hills..
How hard it this Trek ?
This Trek is medium grad of trek so you will not need to be fit with your health condition and Stamina as the trekking trail takes yo to unexplored hidden area of Nepal.
Can i Customize the Trek ?
you can always get customized itineraries. You can increase or decrease the number of days according to your needs . If you are going to that altitude for the first time , it is good idea to get customized Trekking itinerary to avoid the altitude sickness.