Lower Mustang Trek - 9 Days
Mustang is an ancient forbidden kingdom located to the north of Annapurna Conservation area , covers an area of 3573 square kilometers , bordered with the Tibetan plateau…………
Mustang is an ancient forbidden kingdom located to the north of Annapurna Conservation area , covers an area of 3573 square kilometers , bordered with the Tibetan plateau , includes several snowy peaks above 7000 to above 8000 meters . Upper Mustang trek is one of the restricted area of Nepal so that to trek in this region you will need to get special trekking permit but to Trek to Lower Mustang Normal trekking permit will be ok .
The word Mustang derives from Tibetan language which means ‘ plains of aspiration ‘ . The landscape of this area is real different than other parts of Nepal . It looks like desert so some people also call it ” Desert of Nepal . Lomanthang is the final destination of this area and known as the capital of Mustang where there is the palace of King of Mustang . Since 1975 Mustang began to depend on Nepal government but still they do have their own king in that region .
The main occupation of the Mustang people is animal husbandry and agriculture . Mustang was opened for the visitors after 1992 .
Day 1. Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport / Transfer to Hotel / Brief introduction about the trek .
Day 2. Kathmandu Valley sightseeing .
Day 3. Kathmandu to Pokhara by Tourist coach or by flight , sightseeing around Pokhara valley .
Day 4. Pokhara to Jomsom ( by flight ) / trek to Kagbeni ( 3 hours )
Day 5. Kagbeni to Muktinath ( 3800 meters , 4 hours ) visit Red gompa ( one of the traditional old monastery of the area )
Day 6. Muktinath to Marpha Via Lupra valley , 2790 meters ( Traditional village of Thakli people ) 5 hours
Day 7. Marpha to Jomsom and fly back to Pokhara / Pokhara high lights
Day 8. Pokhara to Kathmandu ( by tourist coach )
Day . Fly back to your country .
01. All meals and accommodation in lodge during the trek
02. Service of trek guide and Sharpe assistant for bigger group above 6 person
03. Porters to carry your personal backpack (each 15 kg.)
04. insurance for staffs and porters
05. All Land Transportation
06. Trekking permit and TIMS ( Trekkers information management system Card )
07. Arrival and departure transfers.
08. Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
09. All airport transfers
01. Personal clothing and sleeping bag
02. Emergency evacuation and medical expenses
03. Alcoholic and bottled beverage, mineral water, laundry, and tips
04. Any other services and expenses that are not specifically mentioned
05. Expenses due to flight delay, sickness other contingencies
1. Where does this trek is located ?
This Trek is Located in the northern region of Annapurna conservation area
2. How hard is this Trek ?
This trek is an medium grade of trek so you need some physical fitness to do this trek.
3. Can i customize the Trek ?
you can always get customized itineraries. You can increase or decrease the number of days according to your needs . If you are going to that altitude for the first time , it is good idea to get customized Trekking itinerary to avoid the altitude sickness .