Dhaulagiri Circuit Trek - 20 Days
Dhaulagiri trek is exciting adventures trek who likes to experience peak climbing like experience so it challenging trek . This trek includes foot hills of alpine snowy areas farming villages inhabited valleys and close views of several snowy peaks along with Mt. Dhaulagiri 8167 meters. It lies in the west north of Pokhara valley which is middle western part of the country .
Day 1 Arrival in Tribhuvan International Airport / Transfer to Hotel / Brief introduction about the Trek .
Day 2 Half day sightseeing / preparation for the Trek
Day 3 Kathmandu to Beni Bazar 8 hours / Overnight at hotel 850 meters
Day 4 Beni Bazar to Babichaur 900 m / 5 hrs walk
Day 5 Babichaur to Dharapani 1,470 m / 6 hrs walk
Day 6 Dharapani to Muri 1,850 m / 5 hrs walk
Day 7 Muri to Boghara 2,080 m / 6 hrs walk
Day 8 Boghara to Dobang 2,520 m / 5 hrs walk
Day 9 Dobang to Choriban Khola 3,110 m / 5 hrs walk
Day 10 Choriban Khola to the Italian Base Camp 3,660 m / 7 hrs walk
Day 11 Acclimatization and rest day in Italian Base Camp
Day 12 Italian Base camp to the Glacier Camp 4,210 m / 6 hrs walk
Day 13 Italian BC to the Dhaulagiri Base Camp 4,740 m / 7 hrs walk
Day 14 Acclimatization and rest day in Dhaulagiri BC
Day 15 Cross the French Pass (5,360 m ) and Trek to the Hidden Valley 5,200 meters / 6 hrs
Day 16 Option 1: Hike around the Hidden Valley (semi-rest day) Option 2: Ascend Dhampus Peak (6,060 m) (for experienced climbers)
Day 17 Cross Dhampus Pass (5,240 m), trek to Yak Kharka 3,680 m, 6 hrs
Day 18 Trek to Jomsom 2,700 meters / 5 hrs walk
Day 19 Jomsom to Pokhara (30 mins) flight / over night at hotel
Day 20 Pokhara to Kathmandu by flight (30 mins) / Over night at Hotel
Day 21 Fly back to your country
01. All meals and accommodation in lodge during the trek
02. Service of trek guide and Sharpe assistant for bigger group above 6 person
03. Porters to carry your personal backpack (each 15 kg.)
04. Accident insurance for staffs and porters
05. All Domestic Flights
06. All Land Transportation
07. Trekking permit and TIMS ( Trekkers information management system Card )
08. Arrival and departure transfers.
09. Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
10. Free use of trekking equipment like sleeping bag,,duffle bag, first aid kit
11. All airport transfers
01. Personal clothing and sleeping bag
02. Personal accident and health insurance
03. Emergency evacuation and medical expense
04. Alcoholic and bottled beverage, mineral water, laundry, and tips
05. Any other services and expenses that are not specifically mentioned
06. Expenses due to flight delay, sickness other contingencies
1. Where does the Dhaulagiri is located ?
Dhaulagiri is 7th highest mountain 8163 meters above sea level . it is located in north west part of Nepal next to Annapruna Conservation area , covers 120 square kilometers area and extends from the Kali gandaki rover to the Veri river to the west .
How hard it this Trek ?
This Trek is Strenuous trek so you will need to be fit with your health condition and Stamina as the trekking trail takes yo to unexplored hidden area of Nepal .
Can i Customize the Trek ?
you can always get customized itineraries. You can increase or decrease the number of days according to your needs . If you are going to that altitude for the first time , it is good idea to get customized Trekking itinerary to avoid the altitude sickness .